Leuka Project Grants were created in 2017 to support senior researchers and their teams.
We recognised that the haematoncology research community needed funding for project grants. The Leuka Project Grants were developed with three main emphases:
- Potential for advancement in the fundamental understanding of leukaemia, other blood cancers or related diseases or improvement in diagnosis and/or treatment
- Novelty of the research project
- Potential for high scientific and/or clinical impact.
The awards will be fund experienced researchers and their teams over a three-year duration.
Application process - Currently Closed
Our Project Grants are a new funding opportunity, introduced in 2017. Translational projects are particularly encouraged.
Applications are invited from established research group leaders, senior clinician scientists and/or senior research scientists with an outstanding research track record from across the UK. Grants are available for up to £250k maximum to span a maximum three-year period.
- The success rate for 2017 application was 8%
- The success rate for 2018 application was 11%
Interested in our Project Grants?
Information on next grant programme will be forthcoming. By signing up to our e-newsletter "The Leukaemia Researcher" you will be the first to hear about our new funding rounds. Leuka's Grant Terms and Conditions are also available to read.
If you have any questions or queries regarding Leuka Project Grants, please email our Research Development Manager, Dawn Farrar on firstname.lastname@example.org