Gather a few good friends, get out the good china and brush up on your sandwich-making skills. It's time for Tea. Afternoon Tea to be exact. This wonderful British tradition is already pretty great, but we think that it can become even better by being the focal point of a delicious slice of fundraising for leukaemia research.
So, this year, we're launching 'Leuka Loves Afternoon Tea', (13th August to 21st September) a great excuse to get people round, enjoy a little indulgence and raise some funds and awareness about Leuka's life-saving work.
We're kicking off this new event during Afternoon Tea week (13th to the 19th of August) this year, but we're not stopping there - we want to help you celebrate the joys of cake and collect donations until the end of August, right up into Blood Cancer Awareness month in September.
So, if you want to add a bit of glamour to your blood cancer research support, register below and we'll send you our Afternoon Tea kit and an email full of hints and tips to get you started.
Your 'Leuka Loves Afternoon Tea' kit includes:
- Welcome Letter
- 20 place cards
- 20 purple cake cases
- Leuka pin badge
- Donation forms and pre-addressed envelopes
- Menus (On request)
We of course would love it if you shared the fun with us via social media. Please tag us in to pics and videos of your practicing, preparing and enjoying your Afternoon Tea experience with your friends using the campaign hashtag #LoveAfternoonTeaHateLeukaemia and the following Leuka accounts:
Twitter - @leadleukaemia
Facebook - @leadleukaemia
Instagram - @leadleukaemia
YouTube - Leuka's YouTube Channel
And, as a little added incentive, we'll be thanking the supporter (or supporters) who raises the most in donations and the one with the most shares, likes or retweets from their Afternoon Tea event, with Champagne Afternoon Tea for two at the wonderful Wolseley in Piccadilly, London - see below for full terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions of Wolseley Afternoon Tea Prize:
1. This Competition is open to
anyone aged at least 18 years who is UK resident, excluding employees of the
Promoter or any of its affiliated companies, their families, agents or anyone
else connected with this Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to verify
the eligibility of entrants.
2. All registered participants who return their donations to Leuka by the end of Friday 28th September will be eligible for this promotion.
3. The Prize shall be gift vouchers for a Champagne Afternoon Tea for two people at the Wolseley - 160 Piccadilly, London, W1J 9EB.
4. There are two prizes available in this Competition. One for the highest amount of donations collected and one for social media impact/outreach. Donations must be received by the end of Friday 28th September to qualify. If two or more participants raise the same amount of donations in total, then the winner of the prize will be chosen at random from the qualifying entries. The social media prize is available for all properly tagged (Campaign hashtag and Leuka account tag) media shared on any of the qualifying platforms shown above (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube). The number of shares and likes will be the counted metric (as opposed to reach or views). If two or more participants achieve the same number of shares and likes on their best performing post, then they will be entered into a draw and the winner selected at random. If the same person qualifies or is selected for both prizes, then the person or people closest to their total in donations earned, will be eligible for consideration for the second prize.
5. The standard Terms and Conditions of The Wolseley's Gift Vouchers (including validity period) also apply.
6. No payment is required to enter the Competition.
7. The winners will be selected from all eligible entries
received before the Competition closing time, at the discretion of the
Promoter. The winners will be notified via email following the Competition closing
time, and then by post to the winner's home address. In the event that the winner fails to respond to the Promoter to
confirm its acceptance of the Prize within a reasonable period of time, the
Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to forfeit the Prize or
select an alternative winner from the Competition.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to request valid proof of identification (as determined in its sole discretion) from the winner(s) prior to collection of the Prize. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the specified Prize.
9. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered in any circumstances and the Prize is not transferable for any alternative benefit.
10. The winner (s) will be solely responsible for travel to and from The Wolseley, and all other expenses. Leuka and The Wolseley assume no responsibility and are not liable for any costs, charges or expenses which winner(s) may be required to pay at any time in connection with a Prize.
11. The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with the Competition and in entering the Competition, entrants agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize.
13. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Competition and/or review and revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice. By continuing to take part in the Competition subsequent to any revision of these Terms and Conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
15. As a winner, you will release the Promoter and its affiliates, partners and employees from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with the Competition or the use or acceptance of the Prize or any portion thereof save where due to the negligence of the Promoter or its affiliates, partners and employees.
16. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid by a court of law or similar, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
17. This Competition is governed by the law of England and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
18. The winner must comply with ticket and/or venue terms and conditions as applicable.
19. Entries made by anyone found to be using multiple Twitter accounts for the purposes of entering the Competition shall be ineligible.
As a participant and/or winner, you will fully release Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with this Competition or the use or acceptance of the Prize or any portion thereof whatsoever.